Editorial collaboration about sustainable fashion. Featuring international, national & local designers shot at FINEX.
Christine Taylor Creative (personal project)
Technique & Personality: Sustainable Fashion Editorial Pitch to KINFOLK
Creative Director: Christine Taylor
Create an exploratory visual and narrative investigation using research on the backlash against fast living, fast smart buying, and 'seasonless', 'slow fashion' commerce.
• Slow fashion is suggested to be the opposite of fast fashion; however, it has no formal definition. It is a status given to retailers who produce long-lasting clothing, that are not designing collections in response to quick-changing fashion trends.
• The slow fashion retailer is focused on quality materials, classic design, and multi-seasonal use. They want you to collect and build your wardrobe to last your lifetime rather than buy apparel made with low-quality materials, that sit unused in your closet on their way to the landfill.
•15-29 year-olds are the fastest growing fashion consumer demographic.
• While women and men are buying twice as much clothing as in 1995, we now see that price-led marketing strategies are not what works for selling.
• We are in a new era of fashion consumers, one involving awareness regarding the consumer decision processes and human stories shown in original content.
• Demographics are not the only relevant way to identify a brand anymore. The slow fashion buyer is interested in brands that take into account their values, interests, and lifestyles.
• Those who instill slow fashion values hope to improve their quality of life.
Here's What I Did
The Commerce Behind the Project
Whoever made up the phrase "it takes a village" knew what they were talking about. In fashion editorial and advertising my teams are at their largest. I would like to give a special thanks for the support of the designers who contributed to this project.
Alexa Stark, Alexander Wang, Ancliffe Collection, BOET, Bottega Veneta, Brunello Cucinelli, Demimonde, Hand-Eye Supply, Ilse Jacobsen, Mario’s, M.Patmos, Nancy Stella Soto, Numinous Works, Pointer Brand, Portland Garment Factory, Rag & Bone, Reformation, Rowina Sartin, Seven Sisters, Six Seven, Stand Up Comedy, Straw Studios, Sydney Brown, Tiro Tiro, Utility Canvas.