top of page
Product Development on the world's toughest bowtie collab between Hand-Eye Supply x PINO Menswear.
Portland, Oregon + pop-ups in L.A., NY, SEA, PDX.
Hand-Eye Supply x PINO Menswear Bowtie
Art Director/Strategy: Christine Taylor
The Portland Craftsman Bow Tie: a limited edition, 100% USA made, tough as nails accessory for stylish workers and players of all stripes. Designed by me, executed by PINO of Portland, OR, and made from workwear-grade Mt. Vernon Mills Pointer Brand 100% cotton brown duck fabric, bound with green stitching and fortified with solid brass snaps in the rear, it sold for $75 each.
• We respect a man and woman who can rock a bow tie and look like a badass.
• Bow ties are back in a huge way.
• All the major men’s retailers have seen a spike in bow tie sales.
• Millennials, Hipsters and Generation Y are dressing better than their parents.
• People are busier than ever and want to look good, while being effortlessly fashionable.
• Size matters. Too big and it becomes goofy, too small and you have the same result.
• Men have strong thoughts on bow ties; you either love them, or you hate them.
• According to the Bow Tie Aficianado, women smile when they see a bow tie on a man.
• Women are in to men with confidence & modern men are into confident women.
• Women are also in to women who wear bow ties.
• Maker men and women need dressing up to be made easier.
• The Creative Class appreciate quality products that are durable and tell a story.
Wearing a bow tie requires two essential components:
Previously there have been four types of bow ties:
1) The Self-Tie
2) The Pre-Tied
3) The Clip On
4) The Button Back
I designed a bow tie that uses brass snaps and durable cotton duck, in a classic identifiable workwear color with a subtle, but noticeable, statement stitching in Grass Green (a nod to the NW).
• Sold out of inventory
• At our NY pop-up inside Blu Dot
• Oregon Live
• Portland Made
Here's What I Did
bottom of page